Dyslexia VR is a serious virtual reality game exploring the multiple forms dyslexia. The goal was to tackle the misconception that dyslexia is simply jumbling text. In reality it also affects the temporal, spatial, and logical reasoning of an individual with the condition. The game uses the Oculus Touch controllers for fine object interactions and is devloped with Unity and C#.
It is a 5 person project where I handled most of the gameplay implementation. This includes:
- Oculus Touch integration for hand and object interactions
- Spatial audio that demonstrated how dyselxia affects hearing
- VFX sprite sheet animation for floating, animated text
- Shader for 3D Text attached to movable objects
- Menu and UI interactions with virtual reality controllers
- SFX and music transitions