Rooms of Perdition VR is a thrilling mobile virtual reality escape room experience in which the player finds themselves trapped within an otherwise ordinary home. It was developed as a two week prototype and uses Unity and C#. It's currently released on Android with iOS, Samsung Gear VR, and Google Daydream in development. It can be played with or without a VR headset by a simple in-game toggle.
It is a 5 person project where I handled the entire implementation of the game. This includes:
- Integrating the Google VR SDK for Google Cardboard and Daydream Support
- Implementing a curved user interface for virtual reality interactions
- A VR and non-VR mode that allows use without a head-mounted display
- Inventory system that allows the player to pickup and use objects
- Setup and designed spatial audio that changes based on the player's progress
- Integrating sprite sheet animations and transitions for rotoscoped art assets